Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Terminals, I hate! Airplanes, I hate!

November 3 (1am-7am)

Uggghhh.

Tell me, honestly, to those of you who have the patience to read this, 
do you really know anybody who likes to fly?
I know I don't

it is because:

1. you have to wait too long.
2. bad food.
3. bad reception.
4. to many to pay.
5. jet lag

..the list goes on actually!


Packing the Up-In-The-Air way.


Sigh.


Waiting.

Question: Why do we have to wait 2 hours before the flight? It's nothing special, flying that is.




Man With the Smelly Socks



        In the airport, you meet all sorts of nationalities, that's one good thing (I guess). If you're bold, confident, willing enough (which I'm not) you may sit with a foreigner, ask him/her some things. They answer, not like us. They really do. But in this case, the foreigner made the first move. Meet Mr. Man with the Smelly Socks. For want of a funnier more dramatic monologue, I would have called him Mr. Dirty Old Man. But as you can see, he's a reader, and I have deep, deep respect for readers. Though, Mr. Man wit the Smelly Socks isn't much of an admirable substitute, it's much more bearable. We can relate to it to (yeah like you never had a smelly sock day before).

        So here's the gist: I was looking for a spot to relax and sit, and the only available seat was next to Mr. Man with the Smelly Socks. Then I sat, minding my own business when he asked, in his gruff, husky voice, "What's the time?" which I promptly answered with an, "Exactly 3am, sir." He replied with a silent thumbs up.

       You may not notice this, but Mr. Man with the Smelly Socks only has 3 fingers on his left hand. I'm guessing that some animal may have had bitten him. I controlled the impulse to ask. I forgot what he was reading. I only the the two words of the title, one had a "ch" and the other word a "w." I did see the name of the chapter, it was The Great War (chapter 6 I think). He was munching something, it was very gross-looking. He would pick up his chips or whatever, then stick his tongue out before chewing it-- noisily. Even his swallow was noisy, I could hear it, and I was a few feet away. But I guess he's kind.

        He did have smelly socks, it was so powerful that it was soporific. But I only smelled it a few times and only instantly because of the rushing wind (it was windy that early morning). I would have left had I smelled it the whole time, wouldn't you?


Sleeping Public u_u



Jollibee Taught Me Something

Jollibee, Airport Branch Philippines
     Jollibee has gone global! (old news). I was very interested in a place where Jollibee had one of its franchise. I never knew there was a place called City of Industry. I searched it (wiki). It's in California, southern suburb of Los Angeles, 2500 business and 80,000 jobs with remarkably only 777 residents according to the 2000 US Census. It's named that because it's almost entirely industrial. Thank you Jollibee, you are a saint of knowledge.

People Preparing
L: The Offered Food (generous) Mid: Neighboring Plane R: Manila from above.

Manila, at night, and from above, looked like a bright shiny starfish.


Flapping Wings.

The shapes of the clouds were amazing, ethereal, like it was another city. It looked as though we were dolphins; we would rise and drop and the clouds at distance was like a view from a shore. But if the price of this beautiful rarity is auditory pain, then it's yours. Not worth it for moi.



Landing: Favorite Part.. Sorry I recorded it sideways!


People disembarking and deplaning (yeah deplane is a word, who knew?)

--this for now--






No comments:

Post a Comment