Sunday, November 28, 2010

Supa-Modassssss

Listening to: A Case of You by Joni Mitchell


     Models! At first I didn't understand why the fashion industry didn't just use mannequins for there clothes. Actually there are some times that I'm convinced, and there are times when again I become shrouded. My only reason is for the poeple, the customers, to see the clothes in action, being worn-- therefore relatable. Ironically though, human culture decided to pick very tall, thin, graceful muses to be models. The masses aren't like that. The elite of the fashion industry aren't like that! And it goes back to being unrelatable. Do models exist to be an inspiration? or us to strive to be perfect? For they are surely what culture would define as perfect. It's such a burden to think. This post is to showcase some of my favorite models of all time. Though there are so many models I like, these ones are, for me, a cut above the rest because of their talent to continually impress me ^_^ We start with the supermodels down to the more underground muses.

     I can say that, what with many new faces that erupt every season, it is hard to truly define a supermodel. There are fine distinctions. Naomi Campbell continually lashes out that these days, any model can be called a supermodel. I daresay I agree. An average person will say that a model is equal to a supermodel. But if look at it in the eyes of someone who works in fashion, the list is short. So, only a handful can hold the title. Plus, I believe that the "supermodels" died in the 90's. Ever since Anna Wintour, editor-in-chief of American Vogue started using actress and celebrities as covergirls, it is now very rare for a model to grace a cover of an American Magazine. Only the supermodels can do that now, but still seldom. The only model of our age that achieved the title is Gisele Bundchen. Enough of this, here are my picks... I chose three pictures each, favorite campaign, favorite cover, favorite editorial. ^_^



All pictures are either from 
http://nymag.com/fashion/models/
or
supermodels.nl
click pictures to enlarge


____________________________________
____________________________________



Supermodels, Really.


Kate Moss - her edge is her mystique. she rarely speaks, rarely smiles. I think, of all the supermodels, she will be the most remembered. Over 20 years of of covers and campaigns, Miss Moss is truly the one indestructable model. She is the only model of the 90's with true staying power. She has ascended to "icon" and is my favorite supermodel.




Gisele Bundchen
- "the return of the sexy" "the body" the supermodels before were sexy, I strongly agree, but none of them don't appeal to the present. Only Gisele does that. Because she has the modern "it body" ...long, lean, slender. She is the only one, in my opinion, that really truly combined "sexy" and "high-fashion" ...just remove the "y" in sexy. Gisele is sex!



Linda Envagelista - "the chameleon" she has been known to emotionally connect with the camera. Watch her on youtube. It's so otherwordly.



Kristen McMenamy - I've only known her actually a year ago, when she made her comeback. ai couldn't take my eyes of her ever since.




_________________________________________________

Top Models in the 90's that are "somewhat super"


Alek Wek - One of my favorite models ever!!!! Lurve her so much!!! The longest limbs. The only one who I think can pull of a smile that's soo high-fashion. That round head with almost no hair. So hot.



Devon Aoki - model turned actress, she actually reached the title of supermodel. She's even shorter that Kate Moss. She has been dubbed the shortest supermodel. I like her pixie look and her expression "the hurt seductress"




Guinevere Van Seenus - just unbelievably stunning pictures! To die! Her features are just cut-glass. So unbelievable!




Shalom Harlow - I like her silent beauty. Best silhouette ^_^



______________________________________________

Top Models that started in the 90's still working today.


Natalia Vodianova - I like her severely beautiful eyes, her angelic face, deep voice, and kind personality.



Karen Elson - I love vampire skin, tomato hair, and her shaved brows.



Malgosia Bela - Models.com always say in their description of Malgosia that she adds "intelligence" to her pictures. It's really true, though it took me some time to see that. Watch her at youtube the way she does it in a photoshoot. Just magical! I feel she is one of those models who is enjoying silent success, we never want her to be too famous, but we would love it if everybody knew her. This only adds to her mystique.




Natasa Vojnovic - What I like about her is that she has the body of a male drug addict. She is not typical, she takes amazing editorials. Just breath-taking!

So Many Good Picturessss!


________________________________________________
Supermodel of the 60's


Twiggy - the face of the 60's! Boyish body like a "twig"





___________________________________________________


Top Models of Today. (year 2000 till present)

Daria Werbowy - she is sooo hot. Elf-like features. Deep voice, great stare!




Iselin Steiro - inventive, suggestive in her editorials, genius!



Freja Beha Erichsen - rebel, to die!



Lara Stone - She is different from the list because she is really, really curvy. I like her death stare and her big boobs and gap tooth.




Maria Carla Boscono - The great Italian model. Great walk. I like her confidence. I think she understands she's not the prettiest, but still she perseverse!



Sasha Pivovarova - she is a scary doll. Great artist too!



Caroline Trentini - Long, lean, one of the best walkers. She has a killer body combined with a doll-like face. So kicks ass!



Agyness Deyn - the "punk." pixie haircut. trendsetter.



____________________________________________________

Top Models of today who either have quit of have lost their shine. But I still like them.

Gemma Ward - She started the "doll phase." she has an ethereal face. So cool. She quit modelling at age 22, I think.



Lisa Cant - another doll.



Irina Lazaraneau - I like her hippie style.




___________________________________________________

Other models I like that I can't give group.


Ai Tominaga - cute!



Iekeline Stange - cute!




--this for now--

No comments:

Post a Comment