Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Off-Duty Model Look.

Listening to: Save Me by Nicki Minaj


OK. Let me just play with my vanity for a second and tell you a little bit of my preferred style. I like fashion too just like the next man. Anyone who doesn't is a hypocrite, and that's my honest opinion. "Ew, Fashionistas." Those people--yes, you know them, those people are exactly the ones who're secretly refining their style. Trust me, I know a few. Used to be one of them, actually, but I figured, it's just too lazy to deny something as powerful as fashion. So I've been discreetly working up on my fashion skills, though I know very few of course, and being in a place such as The Philippines, I really can't express much. I mean, why wear a fashionable leather jacket when you're sweating so much  inside?

Could you let me drawl on for a few more moments please? because I think this is essential. I think I need to differentiate fashion and style. As the immortal designer Yves Saint Laurent once said, "Fashions fade, style is eternal" ... true enough, I salute you, sir. So here it is, fashion is the trend-- the "in" thing right now. Now, it's ok follow the trend of course. If you have the money then by all means, spend it! But be sure to notice the nags, yes there will be. One: it's tiresome, the only thing that people will notice are three things: that you have the money, that you can keep with the pace, and that you don't have the originality to mix and match for your own. After that is the abyss. You won't be remembered for anything. The eyes of a true fashion enthusiast see this. What you need to do is not gobble up every new accessory that appears [and they'll keep on coming, believe that] but focus on your style.

Now on to style. Style is your personality, or rather the expression of your personality through what, when, where, who and how you're wearing. Yes. Don't be suppressed with just the "What" and "Who you are." "When you are" "Where you are" and "How you are" are just as essential. Clothes that you buy or are planning to buy must be in harmony with yourself. I think one good indication that what you bought is correct for you is that you can wear it on all seasons. Of course there are specifics, but make sure there's a smile of contentment on your face before flashing that credit card.


I hope you get this: Fashion is the ever-changing trend that, even though you can keep pace with, makes you just a clone. Style is immortality. You CAN buy something off the runway, you MUST! But make sure it blends perfectly. Example: your life revolves on reggae. I think it won't do you good just to copy some other reggae-styled person and be satisfied. The texture/color/shape/details/contours of the shirt may not agree with your light or dark skin. But this can be subjective too, like everything in fashion. You need to be happy with what you choose <--- stress this. 


Let's just stick to me now, before I offend anyone.

the off-model duty look everybody. i love it very much :)
you know those models who always have work left and right
and don't have time but they sort of have time to dress themselves
but in a very nonchalant kind of way.

just pure lazy, put-it-on, don't-give-a-shit kinda look

here, take a look :)


let's start with freja. this is EXACTLY what i'm talking about.
EXACTLY what i'm talking about!

the used white shirt with the boots is just so laid-back and so genius~~




this is Kate Moss (my love haha)
i love these pictures of her. lazy clothing and all :)




Darling Behati just tied her checkered shirt
on her waist and the effect is just magic :)

that's sweet miss donaldson wearing all black
good option :)

and in the center with her and on the right is
Erin Wasson, who i think is the queen of the 

just-put-on-the-first-thing-you-see look

it's lazy cool man :)

check her out!




                  


see? cool :)


this is snejana (also my love haha) in an editorial
androgynous brilliance




---------------------------------------------------


here are some nameless boys who are rocking it.

i only know ash stymest :)

this is ash :)



i like the right picture very much :)







these two boys are so coooool :)

laid back and lazy. cigarette for full effect :)

this picture i like the most. the outfit and attitude are perfection. 

i can't do this. i have no tone. so maybe soon
or most definitely never

nice :)


so you see? just put on a hat. genius. plain shirts plain tight pants
is enough to make a statement :)

but most important: it's in the attitude. the mood you create must
be awesome :)


---------




No comments:

Post a Comment