Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Say hello to... The completion of the series.

Listening to: Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum



My fascination towards all things magical and ethereal has led me to this series.
The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel :)

      
The Series. Love.
























I am so proud to have found these lovely books without suggestion or influence from anybody.
I was doing my usual book-browsing when I saw the fist book. I hadn't even seen the title yet but
instinct beyond instinct told me that this one was going to be juicy. I looked over and saw "Nicholas Flamel"
which I first heard from the Harry Potter Series.

You see, the Flamels were a vital part of Harry Potter 1. Legends always have a factual basis. Remember that. So I thought it interesting to read about him. He's a fascinating person. So when  a series
was dedicated about him, the obligatory must-read gene kicked in. I had to have this.

First few pages of reading and I was hooked. The series is fascinating. I even dared to compare it to the Harry Potter Series which was, until my finishing the 3rd book (The Sorceress), my favorite set. Michael Scott, the author, is a genius. What he did was try to combine all the legends and myths of the world into his series. As far as I know, this is something unprecedented. Save a very, very few, almost all the characters in the books are historical figures and can be looked over in the internet. That's what's interesting, and his versions are, needless to say, very inspiring. I really do hope they make a movie out of this. There are already rumors swirling in the net of this, but there are no truthful claims as of yet.

Now, the Enchantress, the last installment, was released only a few days ago. I've waited a year for this. I'm happy and proud to say that I was one of the first in line to procure it :) It's the last book to a beautiful story. I can actually read this overnight, but I'm resisting the temptation and reading it slowly.

I love this series, I love this series, I love this series. It even made me want to read Machiavelli's (also a character in the Scott books) book, The Prince. A very good book too :)

Favorite characters:  
Hekate, the Goddess with the 3 faces. 
Marethyu.
Niccolo Machiavelli
The Witch of Endor
Niten, Miyamoto Musashi
Billy the Kid
Abraham the Mage
Osiris and Isis


You also might want to browse over this link, nice:
http://secretsnicholasflamel.wikia.com/wiki/The_Secrets_Of_The_Immortal_Nicholas_Flamel_Wiki

but don't read too much, it maybe a spoiler. just browse to give you a heads-up :)



BEST SERIES SO FAR!


----


No comments:

Post a Comment